ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಗ್ರಂಥಾಲಯ ಮತ್ತು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರ
A BRIEF HISTORY ON OUR LIBRARY:
KIMS, Koppal Central library is situated in a separate wing at college campus. The Library building consists of two floors with a carpet area of 27000 square feet and seating capacity of 360 persons which the reading room is at the first floor. It is rendering student support services with its abundant collection of books and periodicals. It has total collection of 5018 books and 44 periodicals relating to Medical subjects Viz., Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical & Clinical etc. It is no way inferior in providing facilities as a source of knowledge to our students. Sincere efforts are made to enrich in its services from time to time to satisfy the hirst of knowledge of our students. For this purpose we invite suggestions, recommendations from students, faculty members, and management and try to adopt them for all round development of the library.
SYSTEM OF CLASSIFICATION:
1. We have adopted DDC Classification.
2. Title, Authors, Subject, Accession number, Contents, & DDC Subject wise catalogue.
3. Subject wise registers are maintained for ready reference.
The system of classification adopted by our library has enable students
and teachers too find the books of their own choice easily without
much difficulty and waste of time.
General Instruction :
1. Issue of Identity and Borrowers card to all students.
2. Identity Card is a must for library transaction .
3. Faculty members can borrow 5 books, UG Students Can Borrow One Books.
4. Renewals are allowed only once on the exact due date and when there are no claims by others.
5. Borrowed books should be returned on the exact due date failing by which a fine of Rs.5/Rupees per book per day would be charged.
6. Losses of borrowed books have to be reported immediately in writing to the librarian and replace the same.
7. Reference Books, Periodicals & Project reports will be available for reference only.
8. Students and Staff can take Reference Books, Periodicals & Project reports for reading at reading hall on depositing their I.D card with the library.
9. Books should be handled with great care, and mutilation of books in any manner will be heavily fined
10. Handycape students can borrow One Set books for a semester
11. SC/ST Students can borrow one set books for a semester
12. If Student lost their I D card he/she can take duplicate I D card on a payment of Rs.50/-
13.A borrowed book, if recalled by the librarian has to be returned immediately.
LIBRARY INFORMATION FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2017-18
|1||NO OF COPIES||5018|
|2||NO OF TITELS||1015|
|28||NO. OF NEWSPAPERS||4|
|29||NO. OF PERIODICALS/MAGAZINES||39|
|30||NO. OF BOOKS||5018|
SERVICES OF THE LIBRARY
1. Books Issuing Facility
2. Reference Service Book Facility
3. Borrowing Facility
4. HELINET Facility
5. CD-ROM Service
6. OPAC Facility
7. Photocopy / Reprography Facility
8. New arrivals Display (S.D.I)
9. Bulletin board/ Wall Magazine (C A S)
10. Orientation Program
11. Syllabus Subject & Semester Wise
12. Course & Subject Wise Question Papers
13. Periodicals 14. Compiling Bibliography 15. Abstracting & Indexing Services 16. Translating Material for users 17. MEDLARS / MEDILINE/ PUBMED Access
|1||Week Days||8.30am to 8.30pm|
|2||Holidays||9am to 2pm|
STAFF DETAILS :
|1||Hanumanthappa V||I/c Librarian||MLISc., MPhil., PGDHL., UGC-NET.,(Ph.D)|
|2||Vinayak Sonar||Assistant Librarian||CLISc., BLISc., MLISc.|
|3||Sunil P||Group D||7th|
|4||Ashok Pujar||Group D||SSLC|
|5||Veeresh Kukanoor||Group D||SSLC|
|6||Manjunath C M||Group D||SSLC|
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org